Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes – 4 Edition (Paperback)
In this fourth edition of her best-selling title, Elaine Magee clearly presents the latest medical findings on what causes diabetes, available treatments, and the dietary implications of this disease.
She includes everything you need to know to live with diabetes, from using an individualized carbohydrate budget and using the glycemic index and glycemic load, to revolutionary fiber tips, facts about alternative sweeteners, and smart snacking tips.
Included these great new additions:
- Surprising myths and truths about obesity and weight loss for people with diabetes
- Foods that help prevent high blood sugar when paired with foods that usually cause high blood sugar
- An expanded section on smart breakfast choices (with carb-counting information)
- Quick Carb-Counting Guide and the Diabetes Plate Guide–both of which you can carry with you
- New sections on Beans With Super Powers and Intact Whole Grains (each with five new recipes)