Reverse Diabetes Forever – by Editors at Reader’s Digest (Paperback)
Beyond learning to eat well, defeating diabetes means learning how to be more active. It’s easier than you think! Cherry-pick from the menu of easy exercises until you’ve created a 15-minute workout that will trim your tummy and bring your blood sugar numbers down.
What’s more, you’ll come to understand how insidious stress can be. It actually raises blood sugar and lowers your mood, making eating and moving more healthfully a nearly insurmountable challenge. Find scores of smart tips for putting a limit on your daily stresses and banking sleep on the weekend (sleep is the top stress-busting secret of all time).
In addition, you’ll discover:
– The very best foods to eat every day for stable blood sugar
– The “active living pyramid,” a simple guide to the movement you need
– The latest studies on how periodic fasting, AGEs (advanced glycation end-products), gut bacteria, and workplace interventions can help beat blood sugar
– Tools for tracking your diet, planning doctor visits, monitoring your medication, and more
– More than 40 recipes for fresh, delicious, comforting meals, including French fries and chocolate cookies