Minimed Paradigm Quick-set Infusion Set is designed to deliver insulin from the pump subcutaneously beneath the skin.
It consists of a plastic cannula held in place by surrounding adhesive. Minimed Infusion set is easy to insert and combines ease of use with maximum comfort.
Plastic tubing leading from the cannula allows it to interface with an insulin reservoir.
Why choose Minimed Quick Set?
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Suitable for children and adults of average to heavier build
- Manual insertion is also possible, if preferred
- Easy at-site disconnection – Press, turn, lift motion
Minimed Paradigm Infusion Set Features
- P-cap connection
- Straight 90 degree insertion angle
- Consistent insertion with optional Medtronic Quick-serter insertion device (not included)
- Reduce risk of needlestick injury with self-capturer
- Soft cannula, hypoallergenic tape and ease of insertion with the Quick-serter device, even in hard-to-reach areas, makes it a great choice for children and adults of average to large build
- 6mm Cannula is most suitable for lean individuals like most kids and athletes
- 9mm Cannula is recommended for everyone else
How to use Infusion Set?
- The Paradigm connector has a larger surface, making it easier to grip than luer-lock connectors
- 2 Vents: Unlike luer-lock sets, vents are built into each connector and are replaced with each new infusion set. This allows pressure equalisation in the reservoir and reduces clogging and malfunction that can occur if vents are built directly into the pump itself
- 3 Airtight Seal: No insulin delivery will start until the reservoirs silicone membrane is punctured by the connector needle. An audible click indicates that both parts are connected correctly
- 4 Integrated Reservoir Cap: The cap is securely integrated into the connection, unlike luer-lock systems, where loss or damage to the reservoir cap can lead to pump malfunction
- 5 Secured Locking Mechanism: The connector snaps into place on both the reservoir and the MiniMed Paradigm insulin pump to prevent accidental loosening of the set