Duronic is working with highly skilled medical test centres to bring to you efficient technology that gives you accurate blood pressure readings from the comfort of your home. We understand sometimes simplicity is the best; this is why most of our blood pressure monitors are one touch operation. All our cuffs are designed to be comfortable, easy to fit and highly accurate when taking readings. Batteries are included to get you started as soon as you receive the unit.
You don’t have to worry if you have never used a machine like this before. Our Instruction manual will teach you how you should put the cuff on properly, when it’s best to take a measurement and when you should try to avoid. All these tips will make sure you get the accurate information that you need to keep your blood pressure monitored and under control.
Blood pressure readings fall into four general categories, ranging from normal to stage two, high blood pressure (hypertension). The level of your blood pressure determines what kind of treatment you may need.
Example: If your blood pressure is consistently above 135/85mmHg but your risk of other problems is low – you’ll need to make some changes to your lifestyle.
- If your blood pressure is consistently above 135/85mmHg and your risk of other problems is high – you will need to contact a doctor for medication to lower your blood pressure, in addition to lifestyle changes.
- if your blood pressure is consistently above 160/100mmHg – you’ll need to contact a doctor in order to receive medication to lower your blood pressure, in addition to lifestyle changes.
Below are some changes you could make to your lifestyle to reduce high blood pressure. Some of these will lower your blood pressure in a matter of weeks, while others may take longer.
- cutting your salt intake to less than 6g (0.2oz) a day
- eating a low-fat, balanced diet – including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Being active – getting more exercise and playing sports such as football, swimming etc.
- cutting down on alcohol
- losing weight – find out what your ideal weight is using a BMI healthy weight calculator and read advice about losing weight if you’re overweight
- drinking less caffeine – found in coffee, tea and cola
- stopping smoking – get help quitting
- getting at least six hours of sleep a night if you can
- HIGHLY ACCURATE BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS – The Duronic blood pressure monitors are used to give users accurate blood pressure readings every time. The unit comes ready to be used straight out of the box. It measures the Systolic blood pressure and the Diastolic blood pressure as well as the pulse/minute reading.
- EASY TO USE ERGONOMIC DESIGN – This blood pressure monitor for upper arm comes WITH A cuff, and are all designed to be portable; it comes with a sturdy box which can be used to store away the device when not in use and includes a pouch for when you need to take it away with you. One touch operation allows for easy operation.
- INCLUDES A COMFORTABLE MEDIUM TO LARGE CUFF – The easy-fit cuff is designed for comfort, it’s made of high tech material to ensure it collects accurate readings. A diagram is printed on the cuff to show the best position to use the cuff. The cuff will fit an adult’s arm size of 22-42cm.
- LARGE DISPLAY FOR EASY READING WITH 60 READINGS MEMORY – This model comes with a large LCD display which clearly shows the results with large digits. If you wish to record your readings so you can keep track of your blood pressure then this device will help with its 60 readings memory.
- HOME USE AND PROFESSIONAL USE – NON-INVASIVE measuring BPM, safe and comfortable, measuring range: Pressure 0~280 mmHg, Pulse 40~200 pulse/min. Power: 4xAAA batteries (included) AC/DC Adapter (excluded), Cuff provided to fit upper arms sized: 22-42cm, Product size: 102x143x73mm.
BLOOD PRESSURE CHART
The Duronic Blood Pressure Monitor comes with a handy colour chart to help you clearly understand what your readings mean. We have formed the data below just as a rough guidance; please consult your doctor for full explanation based on your complete health.
Top number (systolic) in mmHg
Below 120 – Normal blood pressure
Between 120-139 – Prehypertension
Between 140-159 – Stage 1 hypertension
160 or higher – Stage 2 hypertension
Bottom number (diastolic) in mmHg
Below 80 – Normal blood pressure
Between 80-89 – Prehypertension
Between 90-99 – Stage 1 hypertension
100 or higher – Stage 2 hypertension
COMPACT AND PORTABLE
Gone are the days of bulky blood pressure monitors and the confusing sphygmomanometer, which only a nurse can use. Duronic Blood pressure monitors are designed to be used by professionals and home users in your own home. Our unit is compact and portable allowing you to carry your personal device everywhere you go, giving you constant access to your blood pressure reading at the press of a button.
Our BPM150 can store up 60 readings in memory. This amazing level of storage gives you access to previous readings to monitor and assess your progress. It also comes in handy when paying your doctor a visit as you can show them the last 60 historical readings so your doctor has a good idea of your progress as well.
Retrieve all your historical data by pressing the conveniently located memory button.
The product incorporates a large display for easy reading of results. At Duronic we always listen to customer’s feedback. We have learnt over the years that our users like large displays that are easy to read; from this we have made sure the BPM150 has crystal clear digital text on a large display. The most important digits are shown in large text and the least important text is in smaller text.
The device can be operated using 3 user-friendly buttons which can easily be understood by reading the manual just once!
Duronic has used feedback from customers to narrow down the number of cuff’s to one common sized cuff, which suitable for anyone with arm circumference of 22 to 42 cm, making it comfortable and easy to use by the majority of people.
On the cuff we have graphically laid out the correct installation position to help all users’ get the accurate results every time. If the cuff is not installed correctly then readings may not be correct hence this step is very important.