Diabetes Burnout – by William H Polonsky (Paperback)
- Do you get depressed about having to deal with diabetes day in and day out? Do you worry about complications, get angry about the never-ending chore of self-care, and get frurstrated by poor results when it feels like you’ve worked so hard?
- If so, you may be suffering from “diabetes burnout”–and you’re not alone.
- This book addresses not only your frustrations, but also how burnout may contribute to poor self-care, high blood glucose, and later complications. A series of interactive questionnaires and self-evaluations guide you toward overcoming the barriers to good control. Worksheets help you to assess your motivational level and establish a successful plan of action.
- “Diabetes Burnout” addresses such issues as: Ten good reasons to hate blood sugar monitoring (and what to do about them) Worrying about long-term complications: the uses and misuses of fear Depression and diabetes: a tough combination Friends and family: the diabetes police How stress influences diabetes (and what you can do about it) And more!
- Don’t let diabetes be in charge of you. Let “Diabetes Burnout” show you how to take charge of diabetes.
Number of Pages: 360
Publisher: American Diabetes Association
Author: William H Polonsky