How good is the CERA-PET Blood Glucose Meter?
The CERA-PET Blood Glucose Meter has been specifically calibrated for testing the blood glucose of cats and dogs and gives results in just 5 seconds. This meter also achieves very high standards in terms of accuracy and precision – compared to the YSI 2300 Plus Biometric Glucose Analyzer, the CERA-PET meter recorded an accuracy level of greater than 98.5%.
Not only is the CERA-PET Meter highly accurate, it is also very convenient due it its small size (54mm x 94mm x 14 mm), light weight (just 39g with battery) and it comes with a free carry case so that you can take your CERA-PET Meter with you anywhere. The carry case is compact and lightweight but still has compartments for everything you need – Meter, Lancing Device, Lancets, Code Keys and Test Strips.
This Monitor will display the results in either mmol/L or mg/dL – the unit of measurement is quickly and easily interchangeable.
The most common test sites are the ear or paw pad. For dogs you can also use the lip.
Full instructions are included with the meter which you should read through before use. Here is a quick guide:
– Insert the supplied code key for either cats or dogs as required.
– Remove the code key and insert a test strip into the slot on the meter.
– Use the lancet and lancing device to obtain a blood drop from the ear, lip (dogs only) or paw pad. You only need a small drop of blood – just 5μl.
– Apply your blood to the absorbent hole of the test strip until the confirmation window is full of blood. The test meter will begin to count down from 5 seconds and a result will be displayed. This result is then automatically stored in the test meter’s memory.
- 1 x CERA-PET Blood Glucose Meter – stores up to 1000 test results
- 1 x Adaptable Lancing Device offering 5 different comfort settings
- Full easy to follow instructions
- 25 x Blood Glucose Test Strips and 25 x Lancets included in the starter pack
- Come with 1 x Carry Case, 1 x 3V Battery, 2 x Calibration Code Keys